Friday, September 22, 2006

Rest for the Weary

“Just a simple room, three rows of tables, a T.V., a microwave and “The Word”. From 35 to 60 people every Monday and Wednesday they come from all walks of life. From every area of town—for rest….

Rest from the elements, rest from all the cares of life, rest from emotional and mental scars. Now I know when you look at this room, that physically all you can see is a simple room. But I believe it’s more. I believe these men and women are not just coming to a room. But I believe they are coming to the hands of our loving Lord. It was him who extended the invitation: “Come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.

I believe they are not coming to a room, but to rest. That’s what we want to be about at Impact. We want to be the Lord’s church where there is rest for weary souls!” -Les Rose

Having come in away from the sun, an “outdoorsman” (what we call those who live on the streets) finds refuge, repose and the refreshment of the Word of Life inside an Impact building. Services offered to those who live on the street include meals, Bible studies, counseling, showers, laundry, clothing, food supplies, and lists of other services in the Houston area. The aim is to make a difference in a life today, and change a heart for Christ.

No comments: