Friday, April 27, 2007


Member Profile: Laura Hamilton


I am not a fan of my needs and weaknesses. I would prefer, instead, to plow my way through life independent, brave and with a big “S” on my chest. But I can’t. My Heavenly Father has humbled me and life has knocked me around enough that I cannot hide from the reality of the depth of my needs. I need to be loved unconditionally. I need a “gang”- somewhere I can fit and belong and find protection. I need a reason to live, a reason to keep going when it would be so much easier to throw in the towel. I need a shoulder to cry on when my heart hurts in ways I can’t explain. I need someone to celebrate my victories with me and tell me that I’m doing a good job. I need purpose in my life- a cause to work for that is far greater and more important than just me.
These are the needs that have brought me to Impact. And I can say with much joy in my heart that these needs are met by God on a continual basis at Impact. I am loved unconditionally by my family at Impact. I have my gang, my place of belonging and protection. I have my reason to live- I am loved more than I can imagine by my Creator even though I have done nothing to deserve it. I have a shoulder to cry on- not only do I have a phone book full of “3 A.M. friends”, I have a shoulder to cry on that carried a Roman cross 2,000 years ago. And my cause couldn’t be more precious. “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 Maybe needs and weaknesses aren’t so bad if they usher you into the presence of the One who loves you most. -Laura Hamilton
Holding one of Impact’s newest family members, Laura Hamilton beams for the camera. Laura was also a key player in providing for Impact ministers a much-needed spiritual retreat.
Thanks Laura for all you do!


No comments: