Tuesday, February 09, 2010


Impact Testimonial: Daniel Zuniga

Impact is blessed to know many amazing young people. I’d like to introduce you to one of them: Daniel Zuniga moved to Houston after fleeing Hurricane Katrina with his family in 2005. He has been attending here 4 ½ years, and has become an integral part of our youth group. He’ll graduate in 2011, and has plans to attend college. He is, more than anything, a servant, and exemplifies what Impact is all about. He wrote these words after interning with our elementary school children this last summer:

“When I first came here to Houston, it was not very easy adapting to the changes that I was forced to encounter. The culture was different, the people were different, even the weather was different despite the fact that Texas and Louisiana are right next to each other. I first had no idea how to go about my life being in this brand new city. Then, all of a sudden and out of the blue, Impact Houston Church of Christ came along.

“We had been attending a Church of Christ in New Orleans, LA, and that’s how we got in touch with Impact. Impact gave me a place to call home in a brand new, unknown city. They gave me shelter – not only physically but spiritually as well, and a spiritual base to start on. Since Impact has done great things for me, I, in return, want to do great things to help out Impact, its members, and to praise God. What better way to start off than to start off giving my free time to VBS and the children over the summer!”

The world would be a great place if all its young men and women followed in the footsteps of Daniel. -Dennis Jaeger

No comments: